This issue is 304 pp. (approx. 337,257 words). The third issue of The Confessional Presbyterian contains the second part of the series on sixty years of literature on the subject of the Regulative Principle of Worship. Several important articles appeared in this issue and two are online now, Matthew Winzer’s “True History of Paedo-Communion” and Woody Lauer’s “John Calvin, the Nascent Sabbatarian.” https://www.cpjournal.com/articles-2/articles/ The translation entry is the first half of a first time translation from John Brown’s large Latin work, De Causa Dei Contra AntiSabbatarios Tractatus (Roterodami: Apud Henricum Goddaeum, Bibliopolam: Anno ) on the subject of singing the Psalms in public worship. This issue remains in print.
To purchase this and other volumes see the online store.
3. John Calvin, the Nascent Sabbatarian: A Reconsideration of Calvin’s View of Two Key Sabbath-Issues. By Stewart E. Lauer
15. The Westminster Standards and Confessional Lutheranism on Justification. By J. V. Fesko, Ph.D.
27. The True History of Paedo-Communion. By Matthew Winzer
37. A Critical Text of the Westminster Larger Catechism: Q. 1–50. By Chris Coldwell
86. Edwards’ Freedom of the Will: A Review and Analysis. By W. Gary Crampton, Ph.D.
104. In Defense of the Descendit: A Confessional Response to Contemporary Critics of Christ’s Descent into Hell. By Daniel R. Hyde
118. John Brown of Wamphray, Richard Baxter and the Justification Controversy. By Bruce R. Backensto
147. The Denial of the Imputation of the Active Obedience of Christ: Piscator on Justification. By J. Wesley White
155. The Regulative Principle of Worship: Sixty Years in Reformed Literature. Part Two (2000–2007). By Frank J. Smith, Ph.D., D. D. with Chris Coldwell
216. Presbyterians in the South and the Slave: A Study in Benevolence. By C. N. Willborn, Ph.D.
223. Seminary Education. By Dr. Joseph A. Pipa, Jr.
231. The Rev. Dr. Alexander M’Leod, An Annotated Bibliography With Extracts from his Diaries.
235. Reviews & Responses: A Response to the Coppes-Gallant Exchange Regarding Paedocommunion, The Confessional Presbyterian 2 (Dr. Cornelis P. Venema) 235 ■ Response (Tim Gallant) 242 ■ Reply (Dr. Cornelis P. Venema) 247 ■ Peter Enns, Inspiration and Incarnation (Stuart R. Jones) 251 ■ D. G. Hart, John Williamson Nevin: High-Church Calvinist (Alan Strange) 256 ■ Robert L. Reymond, The God-Centered Preacher: Developing a Pulpit Ministry Approved by God (W. Gary Crampton, Ph.D.) 261 ■ Justification Report of the Committee to Study the Doctrine of Justification (Rowland S. Ward, Th.D.) 265 ■
273. Psallo: Psalm 51
276. In Translatiōne: John Brown of Wamphray: Singing of Psalms in the Public Worship of God
280. Antiquary: T. & J. Swords. Part Two. Two Large Presbyterian Works
In Brief: Alexander M’Leod on the Call to the Gospel Ministry (117) ■ Alexander M’Leod on a Pastor According to God’s Heart (154) ■