DescriptionThe Store is closed in observance of the Christian Sabbath.
Volume 9 (2013). Theme: James Henley Thornwell and Southern Presbyterianism.
The Confessional Presbyterian Volume 9 (2013) Contents.
3. A Sermon on Hebrews 11:7
By James Henley Thornwell
5. James Henley Thornwell: An American Theologian
By C. N. Willborn
21. To the Law and the Testimony: James Henley Thornwell and Jus Divinum Presbyterianism
By Chris Thomas
35. Binding Bodies and Liberating Souls: James Henley Thornwell’s Vision for a Spiritual Church and a Christian Confederacy
By Christopher C. Cooper
48. Carolina Scots, the Westminster Confession, and a Deceased Wife’s Sister
By Barry Waugh
51. Systematic Theology and the Preaching of Samuel Davies
By Breno Macedo
63. William Swan Plumer’s Defense of the Impeccability of Jesus Christ
By Caleb Cangelosi
79. Centennial Addresses Commemorating the Birth of the Reverend
James Henley Thornwell
By Barry Waugh, Thomas H. Law, Thornton Whaling, & A. M. Fraser
103. In the Presence of a Common Foe: Billy Sunday and Conservative Presbyterians in the Battle Against Liberalism
By Scott Korljan
123. The Covenant of Creation and the Kingdom of God
By Jeong Koo Jeon
143. No ‘Absolute Impeccability’: Charles Hodge and Christology at Old and New Princeton
By James J. Cassidy
157. Sic et Non. Views in Review: II. Westminster Seminary California Distinctives?
The Republication of the Covenant of Works
By Cornel Venema with Response by J. V. Fesko
188 Reviews & Responses: Chad Van Dixhoorn, The Minutes and Papers of the Westminster Assembly 1643–1652 (Rowland S. Ward)188■J. V. Fesko, Word, Water, And Spirit (Ryan M. McGraw)190■Rejoinder by J. V. Fesko 197■Sur-Rejoinder by Ryan M. McGraw200■Vern Sheridan Poythress, Logic: A God-Centered Approach to the Foundation of Western Thought (J. C. Keister)202■Walter H. Conser Jr. and Robert J. Cain, Presbyterians in North Carolina: Race, Politics, and Religious Identity in Historical Perspective (Frank J. Smith)204■Preston Graham, Jr., A Kingdom Not of This World: Stuart Robinson’s Struggle to Distinguish the Sacred from the Secular During the Civil War (Benjamin Shaw)210
213 Psallo: Psalm 89:15–29.
216 In Translatiōne: Franciscus Gomarus on Roman Catholic Baptism
224 Antiquary: An Overview and Analysis of George Gillespie’s Dispute Against the English Popish Ceremonies
288 The Editors and Contributing Editors
In Brief: Thornwell: The Sacrifice of Christ (20) ■Death of Dr. Plumer (78).